To say how thankful and humbled I have been within these past 24 hours is an understatement. The outpouring of support, and more importantly, the offers of new panties have left me in shock. I’m a size 8 by the way 🙂 There are a LOT of us warped, snarkcastic weirdos out here! Were you ALL dropped on your heads too as children?
I think the most surprising turn of events is when Suze, a very kind, and delightfully snarkcastic blogger stumbled upon my demented pinhole of the net and nominated me for the Liebster Award recognizing new bloggers. The intent of the award, I gather, is to encourage new bloggers and spark their creative juices. Although I have NO lack of creative juice, I shall indulge and deviate from the regularly scheduled mayhem (don’t sigh relief yet, you will be regaled of today’s adventures at a later date).
The basic award rules are loosely as follows: answer the questions that were sent to you, be sure and ping back the sender, paste that award onto the post and/or your blog. Find a few blogs you like and nominate the person for the award. Make up questions (for some reason the magic number is 11 ) & send them to the people you nominate…it’s a weirdly wonderful/horrible chain-mail-letter of a blog.
So without further ado, pomp or circumstance, the questions from Suze:
- When did you discover that you needed to write? Ninth Grade. I was in Mrs. Elwell’s English class, probably at the lowest point in my teenage awkwardness and depressingly tragic social life. She noticed how I adored reading and that I had a knack for expressing myself in writing, and encouraged me to write my OWN novel.
- What exactly were you doing as you came to this conclusion? Daydreaming and hoping no one would notice me so I could go untormented momentarily.
- Who is your favorite author and why? Hands down Anne McCaffrey. She created over a dozen books and created an entire sci-fi fantasy Universe where dragons talk- what’s not to love?
- Which book changed the way you think? and How? Probably “Little Women” by Louisa May Alcott. I didn’t hate my 3 younger sisters as much after I finished that book.
- Describe yourself using COLOR only- Glittery purple on the outside, and black on the inside.
- If you could have a “do-over” of any conflict in your life, what would you change? WHY? Oh man, I didn’t ever want this blog to go into the dark parts of my life. Those will stay buried until MANY bottle of Fireball later. I’m going to glaze over this fast: I would be at the side of my grandma Elberta & my Aunt Lizzy when they needed me most.
- Tattoos? Why or why not? I have always wanted a baby dragon with initials of various loved ones, but I have no tattoos. I will NEVER get one. HELLLO, it’s Meg! I would UNDOUBTEDLY end up with cellulitis, botulism, gangrene, or ANY other POSSIBLE ultra-rare reaction or disease with even .0000001% odds.
- How did you decide on your blog’s name and is it significant in some way? LOL I’m pretty sure I covered that pretty well in my first blog post. Just in case you haven’t read it yet (read it when you are NOT drinking anything that will hurt shooting out of your nose and AFTER you have peed) I will sum it up. Everything that could ever possibly go wrong usually does with me. Some of my worse moments happened when I haven’t…you guessed it…shaved my legs. So, nothing bad will (probably) happen to you if you…wait for it…Just SHAVE Your Legs!!
- What is the strangest thing you have ever done? OOOH Do you have HOURS for this? No? Dang it. Seriously, I am someone who will do (almost) ANYTHING to make a depressed friend laugh. There truly are SO many so I’ll leave it to a top 5 list:
- Ran around my entire (2 acre) yard for 5 minutes in nothing buy my bathing suit in 2 feet of snow while singing “They’re coming to Take me Away” by Napoleon XIV.
- Put on a pair of men’s Tighty Whities with the logo of a friend’s band on them, rolled up my shorts under them so it looked like I wasn’t wearing anything underneath and danced around at my friend’s graduation party like that.
- Broke my tailbone proving that you can, indeed slip and injure yourself on a banana peel.
- Snorted smashed up smarties (DON’T do it) to see what color I would sneeze.
- Passed gas in a friends’ fireplace to prove that flatulence is, indeed flammable (again do NOT do that at home, ESPECIALLY in a house as it smells REALLY BAD and you may lose friends that way).
- Was it a spur of the moment decision to do that strange thing or did you really think about it first? Sadly every incident was pre-meditated. Did I mention I will do ANY-THING to make a friend or loved one laugh?
- Most people can easily define themselves as either “cat” or “dog” people….are you a “blue-footed boobie” or a “elephant seal” and why? HANDS DOWN an Elephant Seal! They’re loud, large, look ridiculous, emit unpleasant odors, and just make you LAUGH at their antics.
You can all thank Suze for this more orderly blog.
- If you could have one “super power”, what would it be and WHY?
- In 100 years, what one thing would you like to be remembered for?
- Who is your favorite comedian or comedienne and why?
- What animal makes the best pet?
- What are your 3 favorite quotes?
- Which musical instrument could the world do without?
- In your opinion, what sport or event should be added to the Olympics?
- What was the funniest thing that ever happened to you?
- Who is the person who inspired you most, and why?
- And MOST IMPORTANTLY: Boxers or briefs?