For the first time, in my admittedly short blogging experience here on Word Press, the Discover Challenge (a challenge to touch on a topic once within the week) and the Daily Post (a new word everyday to spark creativity) have aligned and coincided, at least in my case. The Discover Challenge this week is blog about or find one’s “Identity”, while the Daily Post word is “Giggle“. This made me giggle (see what I did there) because I guess I identify myself as being the Joker, since it’s therapy for me to make others laugh, and sometimes I end up making myself feel better vicariously through their laughter.
As I was scrolling through Facebook earlier today, it looked like a few of my contacts were having a lousy day. SO, in honor of my identity as “the Joker”, here are some things that make me (and hopefully some of you) giggle. I have also scoured the Interwebs to provide some hopefully equally humorous photographic support:
Meg’s WARNING/DISCLAIMER: The rest of this post may be overly silly, inappropriate, etc. so don’t read it if you are somewhere that you can’t LOUDLY giggle, laugh, guffaw or snort. Additionally PLEASE use discretion and don’t eat or drink while reading this, I’m not very good at the remote Heimlich maneuver. You have been warned!
Now that the disclaimer is out of the way, and without further pomp or circumstance, get READY to GIGGLE:
- <—- This picture. I saw it this morning and couldn’t help but think of it as a self-portrait. Except for the fact that I don’t wear or like the color pink…and I don’t usually wear eye shadow… but at least the big hairy beast part looks right.
- Giggling. The sound of giggling makes me giggle. REALLY! It’s as infectious as the common cold in a preschool classroom full of 4 year olds. Especially the giggle of a baby, or small children. I’m giggling just thinking about it. If you don’t believe me, go “giggling baby” on Youtube and I’m sure you will find a few thousand videos to choose from. This segways fairly nicely into the next topic:
- Kids. Children are HILARIOUS! First, they have this instinctive sense of comedic timing where the SAY things very LOUDLY at the most inappropriate moments. Here’s a great example: in a movie theater when it’s dead quiet, just as the movie is about to start, Jonah yelling “IT SMELLS LIKE SOMEONE FARTED IN HERE!”. Second, due to their uncoordinated little bodies/ lack of self awareness, they provide some of the most golden physical comedy moments, such as running full speed…right into a glass sliding door. Tee Hee!!
- Making a friend laugh so hard they shoot the beverage they were drinking out of their nose. I LOVE making someone do that! LOL! Except when I did that to one of my friends as she was doing a shot of Fireball Cinnamon Whisky. I laughed hysterically…until she punched me. Then I still laughed in my head, as I tried to convince her that she had broken my arm.
- Making a friend laugh so hard they pee themselves. LOLOL!! THIS makes me laugh EVERY Time! Warning NEVER tell me: “STOP Meg, you are going to make me PEE!”. That’s tantamount to throwing a $100 bill and an icre cream cone out a window and telling me not to jump into the swimming pool below: It’s NOT going to STOP ME. The only time this is not funny is when I make MYSELF laugh so hard I have an accident (which is pretty much ALL the time since I has children and they destroyed my Nether-regions). WHICH Brings me to…
- Bodily functions. Yes, I admit I do tend to have the sense of humor of a 12 year old boy. I’m sorry, but at times when a noise, smell or… something else (see the line above) emanates from the body at the most INOPPORTUNE moment…That’s FUNNY.
Animals- Animals are so funny. I must say, I’m a big fan of the new trend of Pet Shaming over the internet. For those of you who have been living under a rock, it’s when someone’s pet does something naughty (which, let’s be honest, happens A LOT), and the owner takes a photo, captions it and posts it online. Like this picture, I think it’s my favorite “pet shaming” photo. LOOK at the poor cat! LOL I’m crying laughing right now looking at him. How can you NOT giggle at this?
- Thinking of past funny events . I think you can tell already that my life can be just a LITTLE dramatic, so I like to keep a mental catalog of funny events on file in my little pea-brain. If anything else the ability to use this information to start maniacally laughing out of nowhere is a helpful tool to scare off people (which is also fun to do). One of my favorite “on File” Mental images is remembering my mom turning around to yell at my sisters and I, at which time she TRIPPED OVER A GIANT 3 foot tall FIRE HYDRANT. AHAHAHAHAA I’m laughing at it now. She was SO messed up, scratched and bruised LOL!! OOOh, that brings me to:
- When your friends/family do something stupid. DON’T you glare at me! EVERYONE does it!! You KNOW one of the FUNNIEST things is to laugh at a very close friend or family member when they have just done something OLYMPIC GOLD Medal-worthy stupid (*Cough* like trip over a GIANT 3 FOOT TALL, BRIGHT YELLOW fire hydrant in BROAD DAYLIGHT *cough*)
So these are just a few things that make me laugh, giggle, chortle and snort. I hope they at least brought a SMILE to your face. If not, loosen your panties a bit, have a drink and RELAX. I will make one last, FINAL attempt at brightening your day. Below if the EXACT (disturbingly humorous) voicemail that my Dear Sweet Daddy left me about a month ago as I was driving to my parents’ house for dinner:
“Megan WHERE are you? Your steak is marinating in booze, your cocktail is ready, and your mother is being about as romantic as a hemorrhoid!!“
If THAT didn’t work, go hook yourself up to some shock paddles, because you are dead inside.
Let’s spark a bit of conversation. What makes YOU laugh? Either leave a comment here, or tells us on our FaceBook page.